17 April 2007

Purchases and First Impressions

So after writing glowingly about the apartments in Hattenheim, and Agnes’ rack, another monkey wrench was thrown into my plans. Frau Huber showed me a place in Wiesbaden that was great. It’s relatively close to downtown, and is real close to the other apartment I looked at in Wiesbaden. It comprises the top two floors of a brand new building, and there is underground parking in the rear. It is also right across the street from, and has a pretty good view of the woman sunbathing in, a park. It has four balconies (two face the park), and floor to ceiling windows/sliding doors that take up the entire front and rear of the apartment. All of the windows have Venetian blinds built in between the panes of glass that are operated electrically. It’s got a good sized kitchen on the park side, two bedrooms upstairs, and a full bath on each floor. It is really pretty great. I’m going back to meet the landlord on Thursday. My only concern is that there are hardly any places in this area that have air conditioning, and it will be hot on the fourth floor of the building. If it gets too hot in Hattenheim, I could always crash in the basement

I’m still sort of leaning toward the house in Hattenheim, but this place definitely comes in a close second. Sorry Agnes. I should find out tomorrow if I can get the place in Hattenheim. If not, my decision is made. If it is offered to me…well…I might just have to go with Hattenheim. It would be the difference between a half hour commute and a 10 minute commute, but it might be worth it.

On a different note I picked up a couple of interesting items at the store this weekend. I bought a case of Paulaner Original Munchner Hell. It is a very good beer and comes in a sporty carrier.

Crate of Paulaner Original Munchner Hell

But I didn’t know how sporty until I lifted up the side bars and look what happens…

Look it's magic!

It’s like magic I tell ya! Instead of looking like a complete klutz (and lush) lugging a case on my shoulder up the elevator, I can now gracefully stroll past the desk and up the stairs. Will wonders never cease?

Another great item I picked up was “Party Balls”. A jar of very small (ball shaped) sausages.

Party Balls!

I just had to buy them when I saw them. And although I haven’t tried them yet, I’m sure they are great. They may even cause a spontaneous party to break out just by opening them. I think you'll have to agree, they do look somewhat “party-like” or at the very least, festive.

And what would Party Balls be without…

They have a mini version...

They have a Mini version; however, I thought I might impress the cute cashier by purchasing the Super size.







...it didn’t seem to work though…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you asked Frau Huber is she is kin to the Huber Winery people in beautiful Skylight, Indiana? If not, why not?

Wilhelm

Anonymous said...

Are the bottles and case returnable?