22 April 2007

But you can't push Willy 'round, Willy won't go...

I’ve decided to take the apartment in Wiesbaden. I realize that you are just wishing that I’d move in somewhere and quit rambling on about it. Well you can just piss off, because I’m going to ramble on some more today. I decided Friday, and am going to try to get an appointment with the housing office to review the lease this week. With any luck I’ll be able to move in this sometime around this coming weekend. This will put me in the apartment just in time for the one hundred and thirty third running of the Kentucky Derby. If I calculate correctly (and let’s face it, it’s not that tough of a calculation) the race should go off at around midnight here.

Can you think of a better way for me to get to know my neighbors? And possibly some members of the Wiesbaden police force?

Actually, I think there will only be one other person in the building. They are just starting to rent it, and my building was the first one done. The one on the side is almost done, and the one in the back will be ready in about 2 months. There are 11 units in the three buildings. My building has four. It’s really very nice, a whole lot nicer than I’m used to. In fact I was thinking yesterday that it’s probably too nice for me.

Oh well, too late … there goes the neighborhood.

I met with Frau Huber for lunch Saturday to give her my information for the lease. We ate at a little place in town that I had passed before, but I had never stopped in. I had the Frischer Spargel (fresh white asparagus) w/Schnitzel. I can now verify that the white asparagus does make your pee stink just as much as the green stuff does.

This lunch meeting put a stop to any plans to go somewhere this weekend. At least anywhere far. I wanted to take a train trip to Munich or Trier or someplace. I did go to the open-air market, and did a couple of laps around Wiesbaden before heading to the Paulaner for dinner (had the spaetzle again, and lord was it good).

During my walking around I took a picture of a statue that I had seen before. The title on the base says “Wilhelm I”. Since a favorite commenter to The Haven calls himself Wilhelm, I thought I’d get a picture of it. I think you’ll agree that Wilhelm I (or his statue at least) does strike quite a dashing figure.

Wilhelm I

But there was something that bothered me about it. Upon further inspection, it seems like Wilhelm was a bit of a “Fancy Boy”. Can I express my disappointment here?

Wilhelm I

I mean just look at that puffy skirt, or whatever it is. And are those tights? I took the second picture from a different angle to see if Willy’s “junk” was hanging out.

That doesn’t make me gay ... does it?



Extra points to the first to write in with the song and the band referred to

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm...

Let me run the lyrics through my head .......

North side , east side
(something something) he's the king around town
Dancing, glancing
(something something)
Way past one, and feeling alright
'Cos with little Willy round they can last all night
Hey down, stay down, stay down down

'Cos little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Up town, down town
Little Willy, Willy drives them wild with his run-around style
Inside, outside
Willy sends them silly with his star-shine shimmy shuffle smile
Mama done chase Willy down through the hall
But laugh, Willy laugh, he don't care at all
Hey down, stay down, stay down, down

'Cos little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't
Little Willy, Willy won't
Willy won't, Willy won't

Little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home

Little Willy, Willy won't go home
But you can't push Willy round
Willy won't go, try tellin' everybody but, oh no
Little Willy, Willy won't go home


Oh yeah, now I remember, "Little Willy!" By Sweet.

PMG


PMG

-Tony said...

Sorry Pete, the judges here at The Haven have disqualified you on the basis of gratuitous over-exemplification.

...and for being a smart-ass

Unknown said...

Thats hurts. To be so close and have victory ripped from my bosom on a technicality.

-Tony said...

If you consider typing the words into a search engine to be close... well, who am I to argue? I was hoping that someone would've recognized the song, and would have actually known the group. They may have actually searched their own memory instead of the wikipedia. I actually had that album when I was a kid! And I was cool dammit!

It's not like there was a prize or anything.

-Tony said...

And actually, no I don't think I actually used the word actually enough in the previous reply ... actually.

Anonymous said...

Hey Toni,

First, I only call yself "Wilhelm"
because you have ended many a phone conversation with "Well Wilhelm, ..." - so don't blame me!

Second, and for future reference, when discussing a statue of some German "Nancy Boy", try to leave me out of the conversation.

And finally, you seem to be getting pretty cozy with Frau Huber. Is she the one who told your pee smelled funny? Seems like some pretty personal information for one's real estate agent to know about one.

Did you ever ask the Frau if she was kin to the Huber Winery folks?

Wilhelm

Anonymous said...

Well I drew a total blank so I didn't even take a shot at it.

Steven.

Unknown said...

What are you, a Liberal?

Go ahead, redefine rules after the Conservative correctly answers the question to achieve the result.

(By the way, can you forward the song? Napster wants $0.99, but I am not sure it is worth the price since I don't know the tune.)

PMG

Anonymous said...

I heard Greenie is ironing a shirt for the Derby interview, you'd better be ready, cause he's got the job!