03 April 2007

Judgement Day

I’m not sure what should make me sadder.

Almost seventy five percent of you didn’t think I was a good enough writer to make such a far fetched story believable.

The other half didn’t seem to hesitate for a moment believing that I was capable of such tomfoolery. Am I really of such shaky character that it is completely believable that I was kicked out of a whole damn country?

Let it be noted that I am particularly distressed at you Wilhelm. I realize that your head was probably full of thoughts of Billy Donovan taking the helm of your beloved Wildcats. So much so that I can almost forgive it … almost.

Yes, it was just an April Fools joke. And to be sure that I paid the price for it, my sister (the one with the Masters Degree) called me several times in my room at 12:30 AM to verify that it was a joke.

So for those who believed me, there will be NO EASTER this year…

No Easter!

And for those who didn’t, it’s JUDGEMENT DAY

Judgement Day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

CLASSIC!!!!!!

I take great umbrage at the fact that you were "particularly distressed" over my comments. I will admit to falling for your little story hook, line and sinker; but, in my defense, you have been know to hang out in Henry County, Kentucky and if you picked up any habits at all from your Sligo friends, I can well imagine you cold-cocking some loud mouth even if he wasn't German and you weren't drunk. Plus the fact that, based on your story, the guy needed an ass whippin'.

I was mildly surprised at your behavior -but it was not all that far fetched. I think that others who know you well can back me up on this.

But the most distressing aspect of all is that now we've got to call off the damned parade. Jerry is going to be miffed.

By the way, I have said from the get-go that I will believe that Donovan is coming to Kentucky when I see it with my own eyes. Why would any sane person want to put up with idiot UK fans. (Present company excluded, of course.)

Anyway, glad to here you aren't headed to Stalag 13 to be buggered by Colonel Klink for the next five to ten years.

Wilhelm

Anonymous said...

Don't let it get you down it defineately had me going for awhile even you poppin' the kraut, although here is where I start to reread your passage sentence by sentence. When you said you got kicked out of a whole country and they are keeping your truck that's when you lost me. I think next time you go on a week long wild sexcapade with the russian hooker who looked like Minnie Driver and that might be more believable ...nah

KCA

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you got me good,

I thought it was pretty excessive to kick a guy out of the country for a little scrape,

BUT

you have to admit, we've been pretty close to that a time or two. . .

Go for the pullitzer.

-Steven.

Anonymous said...

I must say I completely believed you. I can actually see you getting kicked out of an entire country. Please don't do anything really stupid like that, I've never been to Germany before and would like to have a free place to stay if I do decide to come.
Take care, ha ha!
Meredythe