21 March 2007

Time to go…

We’ll be leaving Afghanistan first thing tomorrow morning, spending the night in Dubai, and should arrive in Frankfurt around 1830 Friday evening. It’s been an interesting time here, but I’ll be glad to get back to Germany. I’ve taken a few pictures here and hope to take some more in Dubai tomorrow. I’ve kept some notes and will fill you in on the adventure when I get back.

I haven’t had any run-ins with strange meats though. Apparently the promise of an entire goat, to be roasted by the villagers in my honor, was nothing more than an elaborate ruse to get me here. I’ve been eating strictly in the dining facility at the camp since I’ve been here. There may be a chance to experience some strange foods in Dubai though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I’ll have more in a couple of days...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Man -

Glad you made it through without anything worse than a lack of strange meats. I'll be anxious to see your photos.

Steven

Anonymous said...

Did you ask for any of Ms. Nazari's relatives? Or did the six pack guys have any relatives that you saw?

Anonymous said...

So what do the locals eat? Keith liked your tongue sandwich. Check your email when you get back and reserve the dates in June for us.

cheryl