11 February 2007

The Countdown Begins

I’ll be leaving for my adventure one week from today. I will be working out of Germany, but plan on spending a lot of time traveling and working around the continent. My plans for this site are for it to be a way to share the sights and adventure with friends and family. Maybe by chronicling the next few years of my life I'll be able to learn something from them (unlike the previous 44).

I still have a few things to finish up at work, and lots of packing and sorting to do. I’m working on cleaning out the fridge, so yesterday I made a ludicrously-rich bastardized cassoulet. Of course I ate too much of it. This caused me not to sleep very well, and I woke up to the squirts. Good thing I was somehow able to "double-clutch" in my sleep and avoid any unwanted emissions.

I’ll probably have some more of it tonight. I hope you understand that I am doing this purely for the sake of science, not gluttony.

I’m just getting into this blogging business so bear with me, future posts may be better… however, I’m not making any guarantees. I'm sure this blog will be in a state of constant flux, so stop by on occasion and we'll see where this thing ends up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How are you going to send us pictures of your cooking when you won't have a kitchen for 6 months? You are going to go crazy eating out all the time; you might even forget how to cook!

Will C. said...

you are loopy

Anonymous said...

Hi Tony,

Did you get everything all packed? You know what I think, well not that you want to know but....here goes...for us at work I felt like you were the icing on the cake (notice the food analogy!), meaning Norfolk District is a nice place to work (the cake) and you just made it a little bit better with your quick wit and funny stories!(icing)

The joke was so cool. I just loved it, we all did!

Be careful, and remember hug your Mom!