15 February 2007

Sorry Beth

Today was my last day of work in Virginia for at least 3 years, and I played a practical joke on Beth. Of course she won't realize it until tomorrow morning. At which time, I'll be gone. I hope that if I see her again, the intervening years will have mellowed her anger a bit. I also hope to have evidence of it that I may be able to post at a later time. If I do I will give a more detailed description of the joke. It actually came together very well, I wish I was able to be there when it goes down.

Tomorrow the movers are coming to pack my stuff. After they are finished I will head north into the snow. I hope that yesterday's storm does not delay things too badly, because I need to drop my truck off at the dock in Edison, NJ on Friday. Since I am flying out Sunday evening, the schedule does not allow for significant delays.

The funniest thing that happened today was when Claudette was ready to get onto the elevator. She had given me a big hug earlier in the day, and while at the elevator she mentioned that she had squeezed the pudding out of me. Gary was standing nearby and said, "That wasn't pudding". Claudette blushed so bright red; I think I got sunburn.

It was a good day overall. I bought donuts, because everyone has been so nice to me all week. If I had known that my leaving would cause such an outpouring of goodwill, I would have said I was leaving at least once per month since I've been here. Seriously though, I was a little sad to leave. I’ve only been here for a year and a half, but I’ve made some good friends. But in reality I was too busy to be very sad. I planned on just basically cleaning up my area and checking out, but Kim made me do more work today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tony,

I loved your joke! It was so cool, I immediately turned on my speakers and couldn't figure it out but then I remembered that music was in the card I gave you. So very clever, you Engineers are so smart! I should have realized Dave Gary was involved in your little plan!

Speaking of music, we never got into James Taylor. I heard "You Got a Friend" on the radio this morning while I was driving in and it just reminded me so much of you. I already miss you. You better keep in touch with me.

P.S.Hug your Mom real good before you leave for Germany.