26 July 2007

The Mailman has been very good to me this week…

It’s been a banner week for mail here at The Haven. One day I get Michael Jackson’s “Great Beers of Belgium”, the very next day brought “Pork & Sons” and the invitation to Nancy’s wedding in Spain.

Pork & Sons


Then today, not expecting any more good luck I hesitated as I approached the mailbox. As I opened it I felt a bit of elation as I recognized the new NRA magazine in the box.

But there was also something else.

A key?

To yet another mailbox.

Is this some cruel hoax?

I was looking around for Alan Funt as I approached the second mailbox with the key.


I broke out my NBC kit (Nucular, Biological, Chemical) and dusted it for trace elements.

Nothing.

I opened it, and found to my surprise … my new truck tent! I had almost given up on it.


Of course I had to do a test installation as soon as I got home…

New Truck Tent


New Truck Tent

Thanks Cliffy, I knew you'd come through for me!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tent looks great. When is your first trip?

J

Anonymous said...

Check me on this one Sandy, but if you take off down the rode at, oh say 120kph, won't that thing rip to shreds?

C. Spackler

Anonymous said...

T

I was curious about the contents of Pork and Sons so I found the following review.

http://superfood.blog-city.com/
pork_sons_a_review.htm

He has a similar flare in his writings to yours.

Let me know if you come across any guinea pig recipes.

PMG

-Tony said...

Carl Spackler! Where have you been? I really shouldn't have to explain this to everyone but, with this comment and Steven's earlier coment about not being able to fit a grill in there, I guess I do. The tent neatly fits into a carrying bag, and stays inside the cab of the truck until you get to your destination. Once there, you remove the grill from the bed of thew truck and set up the tent. The grilling is done outside the tent (at least it is in Germany). Unless one is emotionally attached to said grill, it stays outside while you sleep inside. In the morning the tent is packed up, put back into the cab, and the grill can then go back into the bed of the truck.

I didn't go anywhere this weekend because it was raining, maybe next weekend.

I didn't see any guinea pig recipes in there, but if you need some I may be able to track one down for you. I'd just use the same recipe that you use for baby bunnies.

Anonymous said...

Still Assistant Head Green's Keeper at Bushwood Country Club.

Judge Smails and Mr. Cervic are dead, Ty Webb and Lacy Underall are married and have four kids (although Lacy is still screwing the Noonan kid so a couple of those brats may be Danny's)

Danny and Maggie married and divorced the same year (shortly after she caught him in the pool with the Underall chick.)

Porterhouse opened a rib joint and is now a member of Bushwood.

And, Spaulding is the mayor - although rumor has it he still eats boogers.

Oh, and I finally shot that damned gopher through the head.

C. Spackler