27 February 2008

Restoring Art …

Have you ever wandered into a store and saw a piece of art that just really caught your eye?

What if it was very reasonably priced?

Would you consider buying it?

Even it was flea market and the artwork was obviously not an original?

Would you still be interested?

Let’s just say that the piece in question was in need of repair.

Would you still buy it?

Assume that you could make a superficial repair with just a piece of paper, a marker, and some glue.

Would you be more or less inclined to buy it?

Well those of you who know me well also know that there is no use in trying to talk reason with me when I see something I want.

Sure it may just seem like a piece of junk to you, but I can see the potential.

I’m not above spending more money to make something myself (and less well, I might add) than I could have purchased a similar item for. A new one.

I found myself in this same conundrum this past weekend. Though others might think that I was “unburdened by the thought process”, I just had to have it.

I fixed the piece as best I could, with the tools that were at hand. I think it came out pretty well.

Oh sure, maybe some day I will return to it and do a better job; however, until that time comes …

I am proud to show you what now graces the wall of my living room.

Restored Art

Can you even tell where I fixed it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

T.

I don't recall you mentioning how you liked the Guggenheim or Bilboa, Sp. Was it all you hoped for?

W