12 July 2009

I’ve been really busy lately…


I realize that’s no excuse, but it’s all I’ve got.

A couple of weeks after the Prague trip, a couple of us drove to Italy for work. We spent about a week there. On the last day, we were off a bit early, so we went to a few wineries. I already picked up some Sopressa and Asiago cheese, so I knew that if I could get some good wine, all would be right with the world.

The first place we went to was Piovene Porto Godi Alessandro, in the village of Toara just outside of Vicenza. A portion of the building dates from the 15th century.

Piovene Porto Godi Alessandro

We had a tour of the place

Piovene Porto Godi Alessandro

Met a new friend

Piovene Porto Godi Alessandro

And purchased some wine.

The next day we started the long drive back. Along the way, we stopped for lunch in Verona.

Verona Italy

Verona Italy

Verona Italy


We also spent a night in Innsbruck Austria.

Innsbruck Austria

Innsbruck Austria

Innsbruck Austria

Then driving back into Germany we saw a couple examples of life in the Alps.

between Innsbruck & Germany

between Innsbruck & Germany

I know this is long on pictures, and short on explanations, but it’ll have to hold you over. I need to head out of town this afternoon for a class in Bernkastel-Kues. So have a little pity on me.

I’ll be without my laptop all next week, so no updates for a while.

(plenty more pics HERE)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was beginning to think that you had adopted my blogging techniques. Good to hear from you. Enjoy your training :-)

-Steven.